Part of the "Visual Stress Collection" WInner of the Education Resources Awards SEN Product of the Year 2014.
An 11-year old boy, who was still unable to blend CVC words, was being assessed for Visual Stress using the Visual Stress Assessment Pack. When given a double blue overlay he sat back and said:
"OH! Is that what you mean by a word? Can I start learning to read now?"
Drawing on "gold standard" peer-reviewed scientific research, the Visual Stress Assessment Pack provides anyone involved in detailed assessment of the color overlay needs of individuals with a full battery of information and assessment tools, presented in a clear, easy to follow format that is accessible to professionals and non-professionals alike.
It also includes background information and research references for those new to Visual Stress interventions, and follow-up material that ensures parents and others can be easily and fully informed of assessment results and recommended further action.
The pack is written and designed for ease of use, using accessible, non-scientific language, and includes everything necessary to carry out a thorough assessment.
- Two sets of 10 (A5) overlays in sturdy punched zip pockets
- Testing pages for reading ability in two font styles and eight font sizes
- Full easy to follow assessment instruction manual
- Information on Visual Stress symptoms and treatment
- Photocopiable recording sheets
- Templates for letters to parents
- Bibliography and web links
- Sturdy D-ring presentation binder